Sunday, December 30, 2012

Walk Away


Here I stand.
With my heart and everything that I am
In my hands.
In front of you,
Bare.
Shadows and scars for you to judge. And I’ll just leave it all
At your feet, all that’s left of me.
A bag of bones and an aching heart,
And I’ll leave that too because what use is it to me now.

And I’ll walk away, walk away.        
With nothing left of me
I’ll walk away, walk away now and I won’t
Look back at what I used to be.
What you have of me.
You have all of me.

I won’t call, won’t ask how you’re doing.
And I hope you won’t too.
Because I already know if you do,
I won’t lie like I used to.

You have all of me now. I won’t ask for it back.
I’ll just pray that you’ll be gentle with it as I walk away.
I'll just pray that you'll know how sorry I am as I walk away.
I’ll walk away, leave you be, and I’ll try not to look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment